Common Questions We Get Asked:
- What are your hours of operation and where are you located?
We are open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm and 8 am to 12 pm on Saturdays.
Montgomery Scrap is located at:
15000 Southlawn Lane, Rockville, MD 20850
For driving directions, click here.
- What types of metals do you accept?
We accept both ferrous (iron and steel) and non-ferrous metals (copper, aluminum, brass, stainless steel, bronze, etc.) in both small and large quantities. Not sure which type of metal you have? Try using the “Magnet Test.” Here’s how it works:
- Find any type of magnet.
- Place the magnet on the metal you have.
- If the magnet sticks, your metal is made of steel and is a ferrous metal.
- If the magnet doesn’t stick, then you have non-ferrous metal, which is worth more money.
Check out our “What We Buy” page for more information.
- What don’t you take?
There are a few items that have hazardous materials or chemicals in their design, making them unsafe to recycle. For example, any item with CFC fluid can’t be recycled. Learn more about them here.
- Do you pay for metal?
Absolutely! Let us pay you cash to NOT take your metal to your local landfill.
- What is my metal worth?
The value of metal is always changing. We offer fair and competitive prices. Check out today’s pricing by visiting “Our Prices” or call us today at 1-240-252-2990.
- Do you have other locations?
Yes. Our other locations include; United Iron & Metal LLC and United Iron & Metal EAST.
- What do I need to do when I come?
Simply drive in, have your State issued ID (Driver’s License, State ID card, etc.) ready to show us and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Are you affiliated with the County?
We have been in business since 1949 as a privately owned company.
- It’s not metal, can you help?
We are always up for a challenge! Call us today and we’ll do our best to get you to the right place.
- Can I come get some metal for my art project?
Scrap is a fun business, but to ensure the safety of our employees and clients, we process the scrap we purchase almost immediately. At this time, we don’t let the general public look through, or purchase anything from, our scrap piles.
- Do you sell or store auto parts?
We don’t, but for quality auto parts, contact our friends at Rockville Used Auto at 1-301-279-5833. They’ll take great care of you!
- Do you have an AD&R license?
Yes, our AD&R License is #80008094842.